Wednesday, August 14, 2019

2019-08-07 Liam Advances to the Little League World Series

Liam Advances to the Little League World Series
Wednesday, August 7th, 2019
My nephew Liam and his team after winning the SouthEast Regional Championship


Normally my Blog is filled with waterfalls, mountains, photography, sunrises, sunsets, hiking, and adventures with my Team Waterfall Friends!

However, Little League Baseball has currently taken over my world! 

My nephew Liam is on to the Little League World Series!

Here is his ESPN pitching Debut.  It took him less than 60 seconds to strike out the final batter of the game to send his team on to the Little League World Series



Liam's ESPN  pitching debut




Here is a highlight video from the SouthEast Regional Final:


SouthEast Regional Little League Final Highlight Video


The only downside is that Liam, my brother Bill, and my sister-in-law Michelle had to miss most of our family's annual beach vacation.  However, it was great fun for the rest of the family to watch the games ESPN on the Big Screen at the Beach House!

I will need to have a talk with Liam about his dream job!


After winning the SE regional championship on Wednesday evening, they made the long drive and enjoyed a total of about 19 hours with the rest of us at the Beach House!

During that time they did a couple of interviews with reporters over the phone/facetime.   Here is a short news story featuring interviews with my nephew Liam and my brother's wife Michelle!


News Story featuring interviews by my nephew Liam and sister-in-law Michelle


In one of the ESPN questionnaires, Liam listed his favorite food as Lobster.  Once Liam arrived at the beach house,  Grandpa (my Dad) treated to a Lobster Dinner for our Little League Hero!

Lobster Tail Victory Dinner for our Little League Hero!


And a few shots of our Little League Star enjoying things other than baseball  (plenty more beach shots to come later)
Jack and Amy Beach  Selfie with our Little League Hero!

Liam Boogie Boarding

Liam Fishing.


Now that Liam and his team are representing the SouthEast Region in the Little League World Series, they have have new uniforms and are sporting some much more color-blind friendly colors (Yellow and Black)! 

My nephew Liam and his team at the Little League World Series!

New Colors and Number!  My nephew Liam will be #8 in the World Series!


On to the Little League World Series!  First Game, Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 3:00pm on ESPN








No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!