Thursday, December 12, 2019

2019-12-07 Savannah 10K Bridge Run Weekend

The Savannah 10K Bridge Run Weekend
Savannah, Georgia
Saturday, December 7th, 2019

The bridge we ran across (twice)
Talmadge Memorial Bridge - Savannah, GA

A few months ago our niece Caroline mentioned that she wanted to run in this year's Savannah Bridge Run 10K race.  So Amy and I decided to go in on a rental house and join Amy's sister Jenny and family for a weekend in Savannah, Georgia.  I took it one step further and signed up to run in the race as well.

I ran track in High School, and while I did not run competitively in college, I did participate in the occasional 5K and 10K with some of my college friends.   However, it has been at least 28 years since I last ran 6.214 miles (10K) continuously.

I wasn't planning to take this race seriously, and really didn't train for it.  However, once the race started I got into the zone, my runner's high kicked in, and my competitive spirit took over!  I far exceeded my expectations and I am quite proud of these results.

My 2019 Savannah Bridge Run 10K Results

Me at the Finish Line

Caroline Crossing the Finish Line!

Jenny Crossing the Finish Line!




Here are some of the photos from our weekend in Savannah and the 2019 Savannah Bridge Run 10K:


The Bridge we would run across (twice)
 
The Savannah Waving Girl at Sunrise

Savannah Riverfront at Sunrise

 Before the Race

Caroline and Hugh

Me before the race

Sisters!   Amy and Jenny

Me with Caroline before the Race

Amy and Me

Enjoying some Nachos on the Rooftop Patio after the race

The Savannah River
(photo by Amy)

Jenny and Joanne

Hugh and Jenny

I managed to find a flight!
at the Service Brewing Company

The Savannah World War II Memorial

 Sunday Morning along the Savannah Riverfront

Sunday Morning along the Savannah Riverfront






1 comment:

Eeyore said...

Wow. After a 28 year hiatus, that's quite impressive. Way to go.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!