Wednesday, November 4, 2020

2020-11-02 Table Rock South Carolina Waterfalls

Pinnacle Mountain Falls and Mill Creek Falls
with Jenni Johnson
Table Rock State Park, SC
Monday, November 9th, 2020

Selfie with Jenni at Mill Creek Falls


Jenni and I had originally had a hike planned along the Blue Ridge Parkway, but Hurricane Zeta took down a bunch of trees closing sections of the parkway.  We decided to come up with a plan B a little closer to home.

We started out hike from Table Rock State park along the Palmetto Trail to Pinnacle Mountain Falls.  We have both been to this one before but hoped that some additional water flow from Zeta would make it a bit more photogenic.   
 
Pinnacle Mountain Falls

Pinnacle Mountain Falls

Jenni at Pinnacle Mountain Falls
 
 
Our plan was to continue upstream to Mill Creek Falls.  We were successful, but I would not recommend this route to anyone!  Especially since we discovered a new spur trail has been constructed to Mill Creek Falls.
 
In fact, I am not going to post my GPS track from this hike because no one should ever follow the route that Jenni and I took to get from Pinnacle Mountain Falls to Lower Mill Creek Falls! 
 
Lower Mill Creek Falls
(This one would be much nicer without all the deadfall)

Mill Creek Falls

Jenni at Mill Creek Falls
 
With the difficult cliff climbing portion of the adventure behind us and back on actual trails, we decided it was safe to go our separate ways.  

I finished my hike with a climb up the Bald Knob side of Pinnacle Mountain and then along the Foothills Trail to Drawbar Cliffs.  From there I took the Long Ridge Trail back down to the Palmetto Trail to complete my loop.
 
 
View of Table Rock from Bald Knob
 
 View from Bald Knob
 
Bald Knob on Pinnacle Mountain
 
Drawbar Cliffs

Along the Foothills Trail

Along the Long Ridge Trail

Along the Long Ridge Trail


My complete set of photos is posted here:


No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!