Monday, April 15, 2013

My 43rd Birthday

My 43rd Birthday
Saturday, April 13th, 2013
Spartanburg, SC

My parents planned their annual spring visit for my 43rd Birthday Weekend.  So my wife decided to add to the celebration by throwing me a little party.  Amy's Dad volunteered to bring his smoker down to BBQ a bunch of meat.

My Father-in-Law Chris and his Smoker


Slow cooking BBQ on the smoker is an all day activity, so Amy's Dad arrived at the crack of dawn to start setting up.  I was up early as well to help my father-in-law get set up.


Several hours later, my wife Amy and my parents emerged out of bed.

 Me with my Mom and Dad

My Wife Amy and her Dad

 Most of the morning and early afternoon was spent hanging around the smoker doing quality control as the BBQ was ready for samplin'

 My Father-in-Law Chris showing off his Ribs



Now that's a Flop-N-Turner
(spatula for those not familiar with the redneck language)
 
The rest of the guests started arriving after lunch and the party went on well into the evening.  Here are a few more shots from the day.

 Amy and Austin

 Children at Play

Austin by the flowers

 Anita and Amy

Hanging out in the Driveway



The Complete set of Photos is posted here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/sets/72157633256982292/

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!