Saturday, July 4, 2020

2020-06-26 Upper Catawba Falls = Jenni's 500th!

Upper Catawba Falls = Jenni's 500th 
in the North Carolina 500 Waterfall Challenge
McDowell County, North Carolina
Friday, June 26th, 2020

Jenni celebrating her 500th!

For anyone interested in North Carolina Waterfalls, a must have resource is North Carolina Waterfalls by Kevin Adams.  To go along with the book, Kevin also offers several waterfall challenges.  The 500 challenge is by far the most difficult!

My friend Jenni first visited Catawba Falls back in 2017 when she first learned about the North Carolina 500 Waterfall Challenge.  However at that time she did not make it to Upper Catawba.

I've been hiking with Jenni for the past few years helping her safely knock off some of the more difficult waterfalls on the list.  While she first visited Catawba Falls back in 2017, she did not make it to the Upper Falls which in my opinion is far prettier than the main drop downstream!

I had the pleasure joining Jenni and her family for her 500th!

 Jenni and her family at Upper Catawba Falls

I was also very excited to see that Kevin Adams came out to be a part of Jenni's 500th!  While I have known Kevin Adams for years, I have never actually met him in person until now!

 Me with Kevin Adams

Jenni is an excellent example of someone who does not let her differences get in the way of what she can achieve.  Jenni was born 100% deaf and has never actually heard the mesmerizing sounds of cascading water!

The 500 waterfall challenge is an incredible accomplishment for all those who have achieved it.  However when I think of all the times I use my ears to guide me in the direction of falling water, it makes Jenni's accomplishment seem even more amazing to me!

Here are a few more photos from Jenni's 500th!

Lower Catawba Falls

 Catawba Falls

Jenni and her boys scrambling up to Upper Catawba

Nice meeting you Lesli  (with an i) !

 Catawba Falls Side View

Jenni and her boys at Upper Catwba Falls

Selfie with Jenni at Upper Catawba Falls

Jenni and her Family at Upper Catawba Falls




Congratulations Jenni on you amazing accomplishment!  It was a pleasure being a part of your 500 challenge journey!
 
Jenni after reaching her 500 goal!






1 comment:

Jeffro said...

Congratulations Jenni on reaching your goal. Jeff

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!