Friday, August 14, 2009

Amy's Office

Laminate Hardwood Flooring Project
Phase 2 - Amy's Office
Thursday, August 13th, 2009

A few weeks ago I completed the project of laying Laminate Hardwood Flooring in our hallway and den. While I was finishing up that project, Amy decided she wanted the same stuff in her office. I decided to give myself a little break before starting on this project.
Amy's Office - Before

While I was away camping and hiking last weekend, Amy was a busy beaver at home. She moved the furniture from her office into the dining room, and ripped up the carpeting, carpet pad, and tack strips.

I took this as a sign that it was time to get started.

I was a little surprised to see linoleum underneath the carpeting. The stuff says it can go down right on top of the linoleum, so that linoleum will stay in place for another few generations.

I pretty much got the room all prepped, undercut the 1/4” gap at the base of the door frames, and got the floor laid down in the closet.

I hope to get some more done Friday Evening, but the bulk of the project will be on Saturday. It is a small enough room that I hope to have the project completed by the end of the weekend.

2 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Wood look is great...but you know what? That linoleum didn't look half-bad, either!

Jack Thyen said...

The linoleum looked brand new. It's the same 20 year old linoleum that is in the kitchen, except in this room it has been covered with carpeting for the last 20 years. I don't think the original owners had it down very long before they changed their minds and decided they wanted carpeting in that room

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!