Friday, May 29, 2020

2020-05-22 Narrow Rock Ridge view of Windy Falls

Narrow Rock Ridge Hike
with Thomas (the Badger), Kitty, and Amos
Transylvania County, NC
Friday, May 22nd, 2020

View of Windy Falls from Narrow Rock Ridge


Five years ago I made my first visit to Windy Falls with a large group of my Team Waterfall Friends.

While hanging out at the Swimming emporium at the base of Windy Falls we admired the rocky outcrops of Narrow Rock Ridge.   We speculated that if we could figure out a route to get there, we would have some kick-ass views of Windy Falls from afar!

Thomas and Kitty scoped out a route and invited me along to join them on their mission to seek out this viewpoint!

Mission Accomplished!

It was no easy task to get here!  There are no official trails, just a maze of old logging/forest service roads, scramble paths, some steep climbs, and a good bit of bushwhacking!
 

Here are some of my photos from our adventure

White Owl Falls

Group Selfie
L to R:  Me, Amos, Badger, Kitty

 Pink Lady Slipper

view from Narrow Rock Ridge

view from Narrow Rock Ridge

Windy Falls from Narrow Rock Ridge

view from Narrow Rock Ridge

 view from Narrow Rock Ridge

Iris




My complete set of photos is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157714497135906

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!