Sunday, August 16, 2020

2020-08-12 Middle Prong Loop - Blue Ridge Prky Sunrise

Middle Prong Wilderness Area Loop
Pisgah National Forest
Haywood County, NC
Wednesday, August 12th, 2020

I've been eyeing this loop hike around the Middle Prong Wilderness for quite some time and finally decided to go for it.   But first a few Blue Ridge Parkway Sunrise shots on the drive to the Trailhead at Buckeye Gap.


 Morning Twilight along the Blue Ridge Parkway

 Sunrise from the Blue Ridge Parkway

 Sunrise from the Blue Ridge Parkway

 Sunrise from the Blue Ridge Parkway

 Sunrise Panorama from the Blue Ridge Parkway



Here is the GPS Track of the hike I did.  I started at Buckeye Gap and did the Loop Counter-clockwise. I also included a little side trek up to the Summit of Mount Hardy.  


It was in a thick fog and light rain for much of the hike so I didn't take many photos.  I had a very enjoyable day of solitude with nature while also giving my body a nice physical challenge. 

Entering the Middle Prong Wilderness

 At the Summit of Mount Hardy

view from Mount Hardy

 view from the Green Mountain Trail

 view from the Green Mountain Trail

Trail Snail

 Waterfall along Middle Prong




My complete set of photos is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157715513767673








No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!