Thursday, July 23, 2009

SSPBDT Poker Night 2009-07-22

SSPBDT Poker Night
Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009

The Players:
Jack Thyen
Jeff Martin
Tom Weick
Brian Ludwiczak
Scott Moore

For the first time since we began the monthly SSPBDT Poker Night, our SSPBDT commissioner Steve-O was not able to attend. Taking his place was Brian Ludwiczak, a newcomer to the SSP poker table.

For our eating pleasure, I made up some homemade Stromboli with a fresh homemade spicy Marinara sauce. Just in case that wasn’t enough, I pulled some left-over Lasagna out of the freezer and heated that up as well.

About halfway through the evening I heard my wife yelling for me! Apparently a phone call interrupted her bath, as I found her wrapped in a towel with a phone in her hand. It was commissioner Steve-O on the line, calling in to check on the status of the evening’s event. I put the phone on speaker, placed it in the middle of the poker table, and we had a short conference call with the commissioner.


Making a rare appearance at the SSPBDT poker table was Scott Moore, who unfortunately had to leave a little early, but not before raking in a total net winnings of $1.00.

Hopefully Brian will become a regular at SSPBDT poker night. He brought some new games to the table and also did an excellent impersonation of Steve as he walked away the big loser of the evening, ending up down $7.00.

The big winners of the night were Jeff Martin who came out $3.00 ahead, and Tom Weick who ended up plus $2.00. Fortunately (for me), I won the last hand, so instead of being slightly down, I ended up winning a whole $1.00!

It was great to take an evening off from my home improvement project to eat, drink, and play poker with the guys! A great time was had by all!

The proposed date for the next monthly SSPBDT Poker night is:
Wednesday, August 19th, 2009

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

I used to enjoy the five-card draw games with my old pals. Alas! Years gone by!

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!