Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bears and Otters

Wildlife Photos from Day 2
Grandfather Mountain, NC
Saturday, August 20th, 2011

After a nice hike on the Grandfather Trail, the clouds rolled in and the rain started to fall.  Since it always rains when I go camping, I have learned to make the best of it!

I decided to head to the Animal Habitats to see what creatures were out and about.  The good news is that the rain caused almost all of the tourists to head inside or back into their cars, leaving the Animal Habitats virtually croud free.

Black Bear in the rain 


Shaking off the rain like a big wet dog!
I wish the focus would have been better on this shot!


Standing at attention


The rain did not stop the Otters from frolicking about!  I didn't get any great Otter shots, but here are a few.

A pair of Otters



Otter Sex

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

I hate that freaking zoo. They should dismantle all of that commercial shit on Grandfather Mountain. To HELL with Hugh Morton and his so-called "preservation".

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!