Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forrest Gump Curve
Grandfather Mountain, NC
Friday, August 19th, 2011

In the classic Tom Hanks movie "Forrest Gump" there is a scene where Forrest decides to run across America.  Forrest is shown running up a curvy mountain road.  This scene was filmed on Grandfather Mountain.  Since the movie came out this curve in the road has been official named "Forest Gump Curve" and they even put up a sign.

This curve is located just below the Cliffside Overlook, which was where I went to check out the Friday Evening Sunset.  While waiting for sunset, I walked down the road to take a few shots of "Forrest Cump Curve.
Forrest Gump Curve


Self Portrait near Forrest Gump Curve

Forrest Gump Curve

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

One more reason for me to hate the development of Grandfather Mountain, because I truly do hate that damned movie.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!