Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 1 - Shenandoah National Park

Shenandoah National Park Vacation 
Day 1
Luray, VA
Saturday, September 1st, 2012

I have driven by the signs for Shenandoah National Park hundreds of times over the years, but have never made my way off the interstate and into the park.  So this year Amy and I decided to take a week and see what Shenandoah National Park had to offer.

My brother Bill and his family decided to join us for the first few days of our trip.  So we rented a cabin together in Luray, VA which would serve as base camp for the first part of our trip.

The gang at our Cabin in Luray, VA


Our Cabin in Luray, VA

 View from the Cabin

Inside the Cabin

Most of day 1 was spent driving the 400 miles.  By the time we met up with my brother and his family and checked into the cabin, there wasn't really time to head into the park.  However, we did have a very enjoyable evening hanging out at the cabin!

Even though it was still unseasonably warm, it didn't stop us from taking advantage of the fire pit, lighting a campfire, and enjoying some toasted marshmallows and Smores!

Here are a few shots from the first day of our vacation:

Me and my niece Marielle

Liam and Marielle

Marielle and Liam enjoying some Smores

My nephew Liam

The gang hanging out around the fire
Our Cabin at Night

The complete set of photos from Day 1 is posted here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/583368828pdzAib

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!