Saturday, March 28, 2015

Uncle Bryan's Memorial Service
Saturday, March 21st, 2015
and
Conner's performance at the Corcoran Brewery
Friday, March 20th, 2015


On March 6th, 2015 my Uncle Bryan passed away after a very long illness:
Bryan Ward, age 73, of Norwalk,CT entered into eternal rest on March 6, 2015 from a traumatic brain injury which he sustained on December 18, 2007. Bryan was born on October 12, 1941 in County Donegal Ireland and immigrated to America in 1961. He had a long working history in the field of communication which started in radio stations in Kentucky and Virginia. In 1970 he married his beloved wife Barbara and they relocated to Stamford, CT. He had a long working history as assistant News Director at WSTC from there he worked at St. Joseph’s Hospital as Director of Communication. Bryan took great pride and pleasure in keeping his Irish Heritage up. For many years he hosted a weekly Irish Radio Program, “Out of Ireland.” He was a very active member of the Stamford Hibernian and Gaelic American Club in Fairfield. For over 20 years Bryan was the Master of Ceremonies for the Greenwich St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Bryan loved the outdoors and was an avid horseback rider, a Mets fan, listened to country music, but his favorite passion was listening to Irish music and watching Gaelic football. He is survived by his loving wife and best friend Barbara. Friends are invited to attend a Mass of Remembrances on March 21, 2015 at 2:00pm at Notre Dame Convalescent Home, 76 West Rocks Rd., Norwalk. The Hoyt-Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory has been entrusted with arrangements. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Notre Dame Convalescent Home. 

I discussed it with my siblings and decided that we all wanted to head up to Norwalk, CT for the memorial service to be there for my Aunt Barbara in her time of sorrow.

Not really the time for photography, but it is not often that my family is all dressed up together, so we did pose for a few family photos at the memorial chapel.

 My Brother Bill, My Sister Mary, and Me

 The Thyen Family  
L to R:  Bill, Mom, Mary, Me, Dad

Bill, Mary, and Me with our cousin Jamie (he goes by Jim nowadays, but will always be Jamie to us)


Spartanburg,  SC to Norwalk, CT is about a 14 hour drive, so I broke the trip up by spending some time with my brother and sister in Virginia.  The highlight was being able to see my nephew Conner  perform at the Corcoran Brewery on Friday Evening.

 My nephew Conner entering the Corcoran Brewing Company

 Me at the Corcoran Brewing Company

Beer and Music!  A delightful combination!

Conner performing at the Corcoran Brewing Company

 My sister Mary and Brother Bill

Conner's friend Niki Lynne joins him for a few songs

 My brother Bill and Brother-in-Law Scott (Conner's Dad)

My sister Mary, My Niece Marielle, and my Brother Bill




Here are a few videos of my nephew Conner performing at the Corcoran Brewery:


Piano Man

Conner and Niki - Wagon Wheel

American Pie

Hallelujah

I would walk 500 Miles  (Niki didn't know the words)


Margaritaville

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!