Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2018-01-14 Looking Glass Rock

Looking Glass Rock Hike
With Brenda and Pat
Pisgah National Forest
Transylvania County, NC
Sunday, January 14th, 2018

I decided to join Brenda and Pat for Sunday Morning hike to Looking Glass Rock.  I have done this hike several times before, but never during the winter. 

It was about 12 degrees starting out which is cold enough that the condensation from my breath was forming ice crystals on my beard

Ice Crystals on my Goatee
photo by Brenda

Fortunately the looking glass rock trail climbs about 1,600 feet over about 3 miles which will quickly warm the body up in even the coldest of conditions.

 Brenda along the Looking Glass Rock Trail

With all the ice on the rocks, it was not really safe to try and explore around the overlook area, so we didn't spend a whole lot of time lingering around.

I also believe that this might be a new record for me of least number of photos taken on a hike.  But her are a few that I did manage to take.


 view from Looking Glass Rock

 Looking Glass Rock Cell Phone Selfie

 Pat and Brenda on Looking Glass Rock


It has been a while since I have been able to get out for a hike, and this was a nice one to start 2018.

My complete set of photos is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157689504721562

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!