Wednesday, October 28, 2020

2020-10-23 Pisgah Tower to Tower hike

Tower to Tower Solo Hike
Mount Pisgah to Frying Pan Mountain
Pisgah National Forest
Transylvania County, NC
Friday, October 23rd, 2020
 
 
Shortly after Sunrise from Buck Spring Gap
 
  
For today's Solo hike I decided to start the day in the dark with a hike up to Mount Pisgah for Sunrise.
 
Gotta start hiking in the dark if you want to be on top of a mountain for sunrise!
 
 
My timing was near perfect as I arrived at the summit a few minutes before sunrise. However, the weather did not cooperate. Fortunately I love the fog and was not the least bit disappointed.
 
In the Fog at the Summit of Mount Pisgah
 
 
By the time I returned down to Buck Spring Gap, the fog had lifted and the views started opening up.
 
 Shortly after sunrise from Buck Spring Gap
 
The Buck Springhouse

Shortly after sunrise from Buck Spring Gap

View of Mount Pisgah after the fog had lifted
 
I continued my hike over to the Frying Pan Tower which was also enveloped in fog during my time at the summit.
 
Anyone else see a problem with this sign placement?


How many no trespassing signs do you see?

The Frying Pan Tower

High up in the Fog on Frying Pan Mountain

Anyone lose a pair of sunglasses along the Frying Pan Trail?
I moved them from the ground to a more visible location.
 
 
I finished my hike with the section of the Mountains to Sea Trail from Buck Spring Gap to Elk Pasture Gap (Hwy 151) and back. 
 
 View from the Mountains to Sea Trail

 
It was a beautiful day to be up in the mountains!

My complete set of photos is posted here:

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!