Saturday, October 31, 2020

2020-10-27 Cedar Rock Sunrise and Bursting Rock

Cedar Rock Sunrise and Bursting Rock
DuPont State Forest, NC and
Headwaters State Forest, NC
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020
 
 
Cedar Rock Mountain Sunrise
 
My plan for the day was to continue my exploration around the maze of forest roads that meander through Headwaters State Forest.
 
But first, I decided to start my morning with a hike up Cedar Rock Mountain for sunrise!  I was definitely not disappointed!
 
Cedar Rock Sunrise
 
A Sea of Clouds from Cedar Rock Mountain
 
Cedar Rock Sunrise
 
Cedar Rock Mountain - DuPont State Forest

DuPont State Forest was a peaceful delight for sunrise, but soon after the crowds started waking up and it was time to move on to Headwaters State Forest a few miles away.

Headwaters State Forest is a maze of forest service roads.  The only official trail is the Foothills Trail which runs along the southern end of the forest from Gum Gap to Sassafras Mountain.  

Somewhere in the depths of Headwaters State Forest

View of Table Rock, SC from Bursting Rock

Bursting Rock - Headwaters State Forest, NC

View of Table Rock, SC from Bursting Rock

View from the north side of Bursting Rock

I did not see a single other human during the five hours I spent exploring around Headwaters State Forest.  It was a beautiful day to enjoy the forests and mountains of North Carolina!



No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!