Monday, June 4, 2012

2012-06-01 Crabtree Falls

Crabtree Falls
Blue Ridge Parkway, NC
Mile Marker 339
Friday, June 1st, 2012

My next stop along the Blue Ridge Parkway on the way to the Grandfather Mountain Nature Photography Weekend was Crabtree Falls.

I have been to this one several times before, but I was really hoping to be able to catch this one in the fog.  Unfortunately, elevation here is a bit lower than Craggy Gardens and I dropped below the cloud line out of the fog.  The sun even made an appearance by the time I got to the waterfall.

Here are a few shots of Crabtree Falls.






Next up, Day 1 of the Grandfather Mountain Photography Weekend


1 comment:

Brenda W. said...

Sunshine not withstanding, this is an always beautiful waterfall to see!! Can't wait to hear about the Grandfather Mountain Photographer's weekend.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!