Monday, June 11, 2012

2012-06-09 Sweet Thing

Sweet Thing
Greenville County, SC
Saturday, June 9th, 2012

Sweet Thing

After finishing up our Carson Creek Adventure and getting the flat tire changed out on my truck. We decided we had time for one more short hike.

A few weeks ago I saw a waterfall photo on Darrin's Facebook page called "Sweet Thing" and inquired about it's location.   When I heard where it was I was amazed that I have never heard of it before.  So to close out our day Darrin would show Andy and I exactly where it is.

It is on Public Property and a nice trail leads right to it!  However, the trail is not signed, there is no real parking area, and you would never spot it if you didn't know exactly where to look.  About halfway between the US-276/Hwy 11 split and Wildcat Roadside Falls another small stream passes under the road.

We parked in the grassy area alongside the road and made our way upstream.  About 100 yards upstream we arrived at the first waterfall which I am calling Lower Sweet Thing for lack of a better name.

Lower Sweet Thing

After spending a few minutes photographing the lower falls, we continued up the trail for about a quarter mile to the main attraction!

Sweet Thing

Sweet thing is a real pretty free fall of about 15-20 feet.  Again I can't believe I never heard about this one before!

Sweet Thing

We finished up the day with some nice greasy Burgers and Fries at the Echo Valley Gas Station in Cleveland, SC.

The perfect ending to a great day of Waterfall Wandering.

The complete set of "Sweet Thing" Photos is posted here:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/582951388jqZPdd

2 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Cool!

gynexin said...

I was amazed that I have never heard of it before. So to close out our day Darrin would show Andy and I exactly where it is.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!