Sunday, April 15, 2018

2018-04-12 Jack and Amys Tenth Anniversary

Jack and Amy's Tenth Anniversary
Thursday, April 12th, 2018

 
Jack and Amy at Looking Glass Falls


Amy and I decided to both take the day off from work to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary together!

First on the agenda was breakfast at a nice little spot in Flat Rock, NC called Honey and Salt!

Our Breakfast spot in Flat Rock, NC

 Amy at the breakfast table!

 Anniversary Breakfast is Served


Next we headed up into Pisgah National Forest making the obligatory stop at Looking Glass Falls!  I remembered to pack my Tri-Pod, but I forgot the camera, so it would be all cell phone shots for today!

Me at Looking Glass Falls

Amy was getting over a bad cold, so she was not in the mood for any difficult hikes, so I selected the Pink Beds Loop, which is about as easy as they get!  Nothing spectacular, but a very enjoyable stroll through the forest with my Love!
Amy going for a swing on the Pick Beds Trail

 Amy on the Pink Beds Trail

Jack and Amy Selfie along the Pink Beds Trail

We continued on up US276 and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway.  I was in the mood for a little cardio, so I hiked up to the top of Mount Pisgah, while Amy relaxed with her book for the hour that it took me to hike to the summit and back down.

 The Mount Pisgah Trailhead

 Mount Pisgah Panorama

Selfie at the Mount Pisgah Summit

We finished the afternoon with a couple of Beers and an awesome meal at the Sierra Nevada Brewery in Mills River, NC

Jack and Amy at the Sierra Nevada Brewery

 Time for an Anniversary Beer (and a great meal!)

It was an awesome day with the Love of my Life!

Our complete set of photos is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157667823682218

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!