Tuesday, September 3, 2019

2019-09-01 Eastatoe Falls

Eastatoe Falls
Possibly my final visit?
Transylvania County, NC
Sunday, September 1st, 2019

 Me at Eastatoe Falls
 
Transylvania County, North Carolina is known as "The Land of Waterfalls".   There are literally hundreds of waterfalls for us falling water enthusiasts to enjoy.  Unfortunately, there are some that are located on private property and are off limits!

Eastatoe Falls is one of the prettiest in the land!  It is located on a 41 acre tract owned by Will and Joan Dinkins.  For all the years they have owned this beautiful peace of property, they have generously allowed public access to their magnificent waterfall!

Eastatoe Falls

Rumor has it, that the land has been sold and it is doubtful that the new owners will continue to allow public access.  Hopefully these rumors prove to be untrue, but just in case I decided to make a quick stop on my way to Bonas Defeat Gorge on Sunday Morning.

They still had signs around their driveway, generously welcoming the public and pointing out where to park.

Despite a bright and sunny day, I got there before the sun hit the waterfall making for some good photo conditions!
Eastatoe Falls
 
I had the waterfall to myself for a while before the local police showed up! 
(Note:  The officer I talked to confirmed the rumors that the land is being sold.  He was doing the same thing I was and checking out the waterfall in case the future owners do not allow access)

Thank you Will and Joan Dinkins for allowing me to visit your beautiful waterfall!

Eastatoe Falls Selfie

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!