Tuesday, September 17, 2019

2019-09-08 Washington State - Day 1 - Deception Pass, Whatcom Falls, Anacortes Sunset

Washington State Trip - Day 1
Deception Pass State Park, Whatcom Falls,
and an Anacortes Sunset
Sunday, September 8th, 2019

 Sunset over Anacortes, Washington from Cap Sante Park

My wife Amy had another business trip out to Anacortes, WA so I jumped at the chance for another trip out to the Pacific Northwest!

For Sunday Morning, I decided to stay close by and headed down to Deception Pass State Park!


Deception Pass State Park

I had hoped to catch a sunrise over the Deception Pass Bridge, however between the rain, fog, and heavy cloud cover, there was no sunrise to be had!


The Deception Pass Bridge
The sunrise did not cooperate

Here are some of the photos from my morning hike around Deception Pass:


Deception Pass State Park

 Deception Pass State Park

 Seal at Deception Pass State Park

 Deception Pass State Park

Deception Pass State Park

Deception Pass State Park

Seals at Deception Pass State Park

Giant Slug along the Trail

Giant Slug closeup

 Deception Pass State Park

 Deception Pass State Park

Deception Pass State Park

After lunch, Amy, her co-worker Lisa, and I took a scenic drive to check out the town of Bellingham, WA and Whatcom Falls Park
Whatcom Falls

 Amy at Whatcom Falls

Whatcom Falls

 Amy and Me at Whatcom Falls

 Whatcom Falls

After dinner in Bellingham, we returned to Anacortes just in time for me to finish out my day with a little hike up to Cap Sante park to capture a spectacular sunset over Anacortes, Washington!


My complete set of photos from Day 1 of our Washington Trip is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157710876023681



No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!