Sunday, April 29, 2012

Symmes Chapel

Symmes Chapel
(aka Pretty Place)
and a quick stop at Connestee Falls
Saturday, April 28th, 2012

After sunrise at Bald Rock, I continued the drive up the Mountain towards Caesars Head.  I planned on stopping at the Caesars Head Overlook, but the parking area was gated and does not open until 9:00am.  So I went with Plan B.

Symmes Chapel is located at Camp Greenville and offers up some really nice views.  With the right sky, you can get some fabulous photographs here!  Nothing really spectacular this morning, but it was still a very "Pretty Place"








After my visit to Symmes Chapel, I still had a little bit of time to kill before meeting the CMLC group fro the main hike of the day, so I made a stop at Connestee Falls.  This was my first visit since the new overlook was built and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed!

The view from the overlook is not that great and there is no path down to the base.  I am sure you can still make it down to the base using the old trail, but several signs prohibit passage beyond the official overlook area.

Since I wasn't in the mood to get arrested, I just settled for the marginal view from the overlook area: 

 Connestee Falls

The trip report and photos from the main hike of the day will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!