Saturday, July 28, 2018

2018-07-13 Washington State Trip - Day 7

Jack and Amy's Trip to Washington State
Day 7 - Friday, July 13th, 2018
Cap Sante Sunrise, Deception Pass State Park
and various views of Mount Baker from Anacortes

View of Mount Baker from Anacortes

For today, I decided to return to Deception Pass State Park and hit some of the trails I didn't get to on Wednesday.  But first, I started out the day with another nice sunrise from Cap Sante Park!

Sunrise from Cap Sante Park

 Sunrise from Cap Sante Park 

Sunrise from Cap Sante Park 


My first hike of the day would be the Hoypus Hill area of Deception Pass State Park.  Much of this area is an old growth forest!

Deception Pass

 Cornet Bay

 Wildflowers along the trail

 The Slug Slough Trail
Giant Slug along the Trail

I also included a little side side detour to check out Ala Spit!

Ala Spit

Ala Spit

Ala Spit

Ala Spit

Rocks on a Bench - Ala Spit

Overall, I hiked about 12 miles.  Here is the GPS track from my main hike of the day.


For my next hike, I headed on over to a different area of Deception Pass State Park to hike the Pass Lake Loop, Ginnett Trail, and John Tursi Trail.


Pass Lake

 View from the Trail

 View from the End of the Trail

Cool Mine Tunnel


The skies were crystal clear and I was really hoping to get an open view of Mount Baker, but this one was the best I got.

I was really hoping for a more open view than this!

So after my hike, I decided to take advantage of the clearest day of the week to find some good views of Mount Baker!

View of Mount Baker from Anacortes

View of Mount Baker from Anacortes

View of Mount Baker from Anacortes

View of Mount Baker from Anacortes



For Dinner, Amy and I decided to do some Restaurant/Bar Hopping.  We were told that we had to try the Clam Chowder at A'Town Bistro.  So we started there!


I have never paid $17.00 for a bowl of Clam Chowder before, but I have also never had Clam Chowder with about 2 dozen clams still in the shell!  This was more than enough for (2) people and probably the best Clam Chowder I ever had!   Well worth the $17.00!

Eating Clam Chowder at the A'Town Bistro

A perfect ending to our final evening in Anacortes!

Our hotel for the week - The Majestic Inn



The complete set of photos from Day 7 of our Washington Trip is posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/8146392@N05/albums/72157696346230592




No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!