Sunday, May 9, 2010

A visit to Rutherfordton, NC

A visit to my wife's parents house
Rutherfordton, NC
May 8th, 2010

I always enjoy visiting my in-laws in Rutherfordton, NC.  There never seems to be a shortage of things to photograph, especially when my nieces are in town too!

Caroline


Wind Blown


This time of year, it is not an exaggeration to say that the number of daisies blooming on their property is easily in the millions!

Daisy Blooms


Caroline picking Daisies



It is also Strawberry Season!

Amy's Mom feeding Caroline some fresh Strawberry's

 
A little Redneck Ingenuity feeds the Strawberry Patch

The woodshed

Like any good redneck family, there is never a shortage of rusty things around.  Since rust is one of this months photo contest themes, I decided to see what I could find


Rusty Chain


Rusty Tank

Rusty Mailbox at Aunt Stella's place


Aunt Stella passed away a few years ago, but I still like to explore around her old homestead a short distance down the road from Amy's parents.

Old Barn at Aunty Stellas place



I took a few other random shots before enjoying a nice meal with Amy's family

Target Practice


Amy's Dad with Grace and Caroline



After dinner we took a ride to the Dairy-O to get ice cream


 
The Dairy-O 
 


Caroline Enjoying some Ice Cream



On the drive back home, Amy and I made a quick stop at the family cemetary to pay our respect to Amy's deceased family members
Amy's Grandpa's Gravestone

1 comment:

Wendy said...

what wonderful shots, Jack. Love the daisies, very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!