Friday, August 27, 2010

Something Yellow!

Something Yellow
This is the theme of one of my Yahoo Photography Groups Monthly photo contest.  I am sure I could dig through my archives and find many good photos that fit this theme.  But, in the spirit of the competition, the photo submitted should be taken this month.

Yesterday while mowing the lawn, I spotted some yellow flowers growing.  I am not sure what type they are.  Heck, they could be weeds for all I know, but they definitely fit the theme.  So today I went back for a closer look:


I still got a hike tomorrow and a few more days to come up with something better, but for now this will do.

2 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Gorgeous! Yellow is my favorite color.

Where are you going hiking? I have to work.

Jack Thyen said...

Thanks Bob! Andy and I are going to explore Steel Creek (North of Morganton, NC). Steel Creek Falls is listed in Kevin Adam's book, but Andy and I are going to attempt to follow in Rich's footsteps and head further upstream. It will involve a bunch of creek walking, bushwhacking, and rock scrambling.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!