Thursday, August 12, 2010

Turtle Time

As I returned from work today and pulled into my driveway, I noticed a turtle hanging out right in the middle of the driveway.  I was kind of surprised to see him, because it has been well over year since I've last seen a turtle in my yard.  Since I happen to like turtles, and didn't want to squash him, I got out of my truck and moved him out of the way before pulling into the garage.  Then I quickly ran to get the camera!

When photographing things close to the ground, I like to use my pal Iggy to keep the camera steady.  Iggy decided he then wanted to meet his new reptilian friend.



Funny, he doesn't seem to happy to see me!

Iggy and the Turtle

1 comment:

James Robert Smith said...

Actually, that's a tortoise, not a turtle.

I keep hearing that the box tortoise is having some habitat problems, but I see more of them now than ever. They seem to be not only common, but thriving.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!