Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parents

Yesterday afternoon we took my parents up to Rutherfordton, NC for a visit with Amy's Parents.

Amy's Dad greeting my Mom


Amy's Dad offering up some appetizers from the Smoker


It always amazes me to see the stuff that Amy's Dad builds.  His talent and creativity with metal fabrication and welding is incredible.  His latest project is a giant double decker wood stove for one of his buddies workshop.
Giant Double Decker Wood Heater


I took a stroll around the property to see what flowers were blooming.

Nodding Trillium


Not sure what kind of flower this is


Mayapple



Dogwood Bloom


On the drive back to Spartanburg, SC I noticed a cool looking sky just before sunset.  I got a little creative with these shots taken through the side window of a moving car.



3 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

Yep, Amy's dad is certainly handy with the tools! Where is the wood heater going?

wayne15575 said...

Another great set jack... thanks.

Jack Thyen said...

Thanks Wayne!

Bob, the wood heater is going in one of his friends work shop. He built one many years ago for his own shop that has been going strong for years. This new one looks to be a very similar design except a bit larger.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!