Thursday, October 14, 2010

April / October

Two Things Challenge

April

October

These are the two words in this weeks Two Things Challenge


On April 16th, 2007 a horrible tragedy struck the campus of my Alma Mater Virginia Tech.  32 Virginia Tech students and faculty members were tragically taken from their loved ones by a single deranged killer!They ranged in age from 18 to 76 and represented a variety of academic areas, along with nearly every major faith and ethnic group.

In the center of campus a memorial has been established to remember the the lives of 32 individuals who were killed on that tragic day!

This past weekend, we made an October visit to the April 16th memorial:


The April 16th Memorial
Each of the 32 Stones represents the life of one of the victims

The April 16th Memorial at Virginia Tech

You can learn more about the April 16th Tragedy, the memorial, and the victims here:
http://www.weremember.vt.edu/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots! I really like that night lighting.

Eeyore said...

I remember thinking when I heard about this, "At Virginia Tech????" Seemed like the wrong kind of place to me, I went to Georgia Tech and have always thought of the two Techs as similar.
Somber but nice interpretation of the challenge, and nice shots.

wayne15575 said...

A most terrible tragedy, well documented my friend.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!