Monday, September 26, 2011

The Hungry Horse Dam, and Lion Lake
Hungry Horse, Montana
Friday, September 2nd, 2011

For the last night of our Vacation we checked into the Glacier Park Inn Bed and Breakfast.  In my opinion, this was the nicest of all the accommodations we had during the week and a great ending to a great trip!




One of the best features was the great view of the Flathead river from the back porch!

view from the back porch

I was hoping to get one more short hike in, but didn't really have time to head back into Glacier National Park.  Instead I made the short drive to check out the Hungry Horse Dam.  There was not any hiking trails there, but it did make for a nice photo opportunity.

The Hungry Horse Dam

On the way to the Dam, I passed a sign for Lion Lake and decided to check it out on the way back.  There a nice trail that circled the small lake which made for just the kind of hike I was looking for.


Lion Lake

I returned to the Bed and Breakfast just before sunset and joined Amy on the back deck for some reading, a few FABs (Frosty Adult Beverages), and a nice sunset. 


Amy and Jack


What I was drinking = Moose Drool

After sunset, a spectacular starry sky appeared.  I set the camera up for a 15 minute exposure the capture the star trails.  While the camera was doing its thing, Amy and I enjoyed some snuggling and cuddling under the stars!
Star Trails 

Coming up Tomorrow:
Our last Day

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!