Monday, September 12, 2011

The Swiftcurrent Pass Trail
Glacier National Park, Montana
Monday, August 29th, 2011

Bullhead Lake on the Swiftcurrent Pass Trail

While Amy enjoys some short and easy hikes, she has no desire to spend an entire day hiking.  However when visiting a place like Glacier National Park there is nothing I would rather do than spend the entire day hiking through the awesome scenery!

Fortunately Amy really enjoys reading and is perfectly content to hang back and relax with her Kindle while I explore some of the longer trails on my own.  For today's solo hike I selected the Swiftcurrent Pass Trail.

Hike Route (highlighted in Blue)


My plan was to hike the first 4 miles making for a nice 8 mile out and back hike.  The trail features awesome scenery all the way and passes by several nice lakes, the largest being Red Rock Lake.

Red Rock Lake

Jack at Red Rock Lake

Just passed Red Rock Lake, the trail passes Red Rock Falls.

Red Rock Falls

I hiked a little past Bullhead Lake where the trail starts to switchback up the mountain.  I decided to make this my turnaround point.

Bullhead Lake


Here are a few more photos from an awesome hike!










The Full set of Photos from Day 3 is posted here:
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/580850503Jrrbda

Coming up Tomorrow:
Jack and Amy head into Canada

No comments:

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!