Sunday, April 18, 2010

Rutherfordton, NC

Today was Amy's Grandma's 90th Birthday.  So we headed on up to Amy's hometown of Rutherfordton, NC to celebrate.  Amy's Sister, Brother-in-Law, and nieces Grace, and Caroline were also there. 

It is always fun going to Amy's parents and/or Grandma's place because there are acres upon acres of family land to explore with plenty of stuff to photograph.  Most of today's photos were of my nieces!

This first shot is of my niece Grace.  I think this photo works better with Black and White:
Country Girl


Here is a cute one of Caroline!
Caroline with BaBear


Crazy Grace!


At Amy's Grandma's place, you never know what you are going to find!  Today it was a 3 week old baby goat:


Oscar the Goat


Caroline petting Oscar




Amy's Grandma - 90 years old and still going strong

Since the whole family was in town, we got the group together for a family photo:
 


I took a lot more photos this weekend, I will post a link to my webshots gallery after I go through them all later this week!

3 comments:

James Robert Smith said...

90! Damn! The wimmen in Carole's family live a long time, too. 90-100 years, on average.

Cute goat.

Considering the truck in the photo, yes, black and white suits.

Mr. J said...

Super lighting in the first shot. I think sepia would work nicely too, as would desaturating it somewhere between actual color and black and white.

Eeyore said...

I really like the first photo as an interpretation of Now/Then 2 Things Challenge.

Meet Zoey

 Meet Zoey! Amy and I just adopted this beautiful girl!